The Energy Council of South Africa is a newly formed voluntary association with its purpose to enable a thriving and sustainable energy sector. The Council wishes to appoint a Project Manager who will report to the Senior Manager: Project Delivery and Strategy. ensuring that the Council plays a leadership role in South Africa’s energy sector, driving stakeholder and policy alignment and assisting in addressing major issues in the energy landscape for inclusive economic growth.
As the collective, unified voice of the energy sector in South Africa, the Council brings together key public and private sector companies, business/industry associations and local development finance institutions that have a significant presence and actively participate in the energy sector of South Africa. The Council will interact with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally as well as locally and internationally, which include communities, labour unions, political parties, business/industry associations staff, the board and members, senior government officials (particularly the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy).
The Council therefore wishes to appoint a Project Manager that will be responsible for supporting the duties of the Senior Manager: Project Delivery and Strategy
The successful candidate should in addition to the required skills and experience for the role demonstrate a clear understanding of the Energy Transition and a passion for a sustainable environment.
Candidates should demonstrate an ability to be agile in the way they work and have a passion for innovation.
Key Accountabilities (not exhaustive):
Reporting to and assisting the Head of Policy and Strategic Programmes with:
- Executing against the strategic vision and strategy of the Council
- Driving the vision and national energy strategy on behalf of the Council
- Enabling the outputs, governance and management of Council projects and special programmes
- Conducting research and analysis in support of Council
- Managing contractors and consultants working on Council projects
- Supporting strategy formulation and interpreting the delivery of objectives
- Managing PMO functions and discipline
- Accountable for project management and implementation
- Coordinating internal resources and vendors for the successful execution of projects
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Project planning, execution and management
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field, with post grad qualification preferred
- 5 to 10 years of experience working in a similar role: private sector or
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the energy sector of South Africa and its developmental agenda
- Strong project/programme management experience
Certification & Professional Membership
- Project management, scenario planning/economic modelling an added advantage
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
People Leadership: Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow; leads culture transformation. Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage.
Partnership Leadership: Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win- win outcomes. Builds teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Business Leadership: Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement.
Achieves results through others and holds them accountable.
Strategic Leadership: Provides vision and direction aligned to One Sasol. Leads organisational change, innovation and sustainability.
Relationship Management: The conscious aim to develop and manage long-term and/or trusting relationships with internal or external customers, distributors, suppliers, or other parties in an environment which can include marketing, selling, servicing and other areas where a relationship is crucial to on-going success. At a senior level, it includes C-level relationships with senior management such as CEO [Chief Executive Officer], CIO [Chief Information Officer], and CFO [Chief Financial Officer].
Breadth of perspective: Possession of a historical perspective may be essential to a broad and deep understanding of a subject that one calls to mind before tackling a problem.
Business Acumen: An intuitive and applicable understanding of how a company or unit makes money. Displays a thorough understanding of what drives profitability. Maintains a market-focused approach to business. Keeps an overall big picture understanding of the business and its interrelationships enabling a person to make better business decisions. The ability to make good business judgments and quick decisions in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
Applications by qualifying candidates can be done by clicking on the following link: